The dark truth about Halloween by Kylie P.

 The dark truth about halloween

I truly don't know if I'm supposed to love halloween or hate it. You either got “Halloween is the best holiday that we celebrate.”(Aide) or “ Halloween sucks so much”(Big city Moms). People love it or hate it, it just depends on the person. It is, yes, a world wide holiday but not everyone feels the same way about it. I'm here to explain the different thoughts of halloween…welcome to my blog. 

Do you love scary movies with a passion? Netflix movie nights.

Do you find joy in carving pumpkins and haunted houses? Cute little jack o'lanterns.

Do you get excited when you hear the halloween theme song or thriller by the famous michael jackson? The moonwalking king.

So ya, I love sweater weather with scary movies, cuddles from the people I enjoy, but does everyone feel this way?

I've heard so many stories about trick or treating gone wrong or the nightmares from horror movies. I don't get the negative parts of halloween but that probably just because others see things through different perspectives. Why do people even like halloween? According to an ODU psychiatrist professor “It’s all about the adrenaline rush, the bonding experience and getting to become someone else for a night.” Though everyone likes things for different reasons this would make sense for some of the reasons halloween is such a great holiday.

We see why people love halloween but what's a good reason to dislike it? “Although there are some families who don’t celebrate for secular reasons, the majority of them  don’t take part in Halloween,  for religious reasons.” I guess to me that doesn't seem like a very big reason to dislike one of the most popular holidays of the year but then again, not everyone thinks the same. I have no religious beliefs that prevent me from participating in seasonal activities like halloween but I understand the people that feel differently about the holiday itself. And for those who have a love-hate relationship for the holiday, I don't know what to tell you. If you're one of those people I should never hear that valentine's day is better. Then you're just straight up wrong.

Now onto the conversation about which is better between halloween and christmas? I really have no way of answering it because I enjoy both. I can help explain but I'll get to that next time. That just means you'll have to come back for more…

Thanks for reading.


Comments